Four Seasons Roofing is not only a GAF Certified Roofing Installer in the North state but also a GAF Certified Green Roofing Installer allowing us to provide you with numerous green roofing options, benefits and solutions from GAF/ELK.
Now, more than ever, it’s easy to be ‘green’ when making your roofing choices. That’s because being ‘green’ just means being environmentally friendly. And no one has more environmentally friendly roofing solutions than GAF, North America’s largest roofing manufacturer and the GAF Certified Green Roofing Installers. Sound expensive? It’s not. Whether you have a need for commercial or steep-slope roofing, there’s a GAF “green” solution that’s right for virtually any budget.
GAF’s Manufacturing Process:
Recycled/Green Mfg. Process Roofing (Eases strain on the environment)
- Includes products that contain post-consumer or post-industrial recycled materials. Examples: Ruberoid®, SBS & APP – EnergyGuard™ and Insulation
- Tec™ Fasteners, Cobra® Ridge Vent and Shingle-Mate® Roof Deck Protection
- Also includes products produced in environmentally friendly manufacturing operations. Examples:
- Glass fiber production…100% electric melt, to eliminate CO 2, NOX/SOX, and fluoride emissions, Topco AT® coatings… recycles rinse and wash water stream to minimize environmental discharge
- ISO production…uses no ozone-depleting CFCs or greenhouse gas-promoting blowing agents to make rigid foam.
- Reflective Roofing
- Reduces the “heat island effect” & reduces energy bills
- Can offset up to 50% or more of the original cost to install the roof as a result of improved energy efficiency
- GAF offers more reflective roofing solutions than anyone. Examples:
- EverGuard®…TPO and PVC, Timberline®… Cool Series Shingles, TopcoAT®… elastomeric coatings, GAFGLAS®…EnergyCap™ BUR, Ruberoid®… EnergyCap™ APP and SBS
- GAF also offers the industry’s widest selection of ENERGY STAR® qualified and Title 24 compliant roofing systems (may also qualify for LEED credit).
Extends the life of your roof and saves energy
- Improves roof life…vegetation protects the underlying membranes and can extend roof life by as much as 100%
- Energy savings…up to 15%*
- Improved storm water management…allows increased land utilization
- Tax incentives…often available from federal, state, and/or local government
- GAF GardenScapes™… state-of- the-art garden roofing: – Based on proven technology (used in Germany for years)- Unlike other systems, can be entirely managed by your roofing contractor- Can also be combined with GAF PlazaDeck systems to create an outdoor deck, patio, etc.- Qualifies for LEED credit.
- *Source: Hot Science, Volume 1, Aug. 2006
Quick Tips About Solar Roofing…
- To be economically viable long term, the roofing system you install should have an expected life that is at least equal to the life of the solar system.
- The success of a solar system often has as much or more to do with the workmanship of the roofing contractor than even the electrical contractor who installs the solar components.
Metal roofing has always been one of the best selections for green roofing due to the manufacturing processes, longevity of the metal roofs and the reflectivity of the finishes. There can be utility company, and/or local and federal government rebates available depending on current programs being offered to property owners.